[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (Jan 27, 2021)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jan 27 15:36:52 UTC 2021

>From today's meeting:

* Standing Topics

      * Sanity
            * CENGN Mirror Issues
                  * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-January/010602.html
                  * due to power outage at CENGN, Scott doing much work to get us back to normal, will need at least the rest of today to get there
                  * he'll reach out to the community if he needs help tracking down good copies of any of the packages that were corrupted
                  * we agreed to not bother fixing up 2.0.0 or 2.0.1, in fact will just get rid of them since we don't support them any more
                  * Scott will keep us posted
                  * meanwhile the community is reminded
                        * don't merge any commits with a .lst file change (because that requires a mirror update)
                        * and don't do a download mirror step
                  * ideally we'd put a -1 on all open reviews
                        * Frank will ask Davlet to do

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
            * per Austin, reviews are happening for Ceph/Rook - just a couple left to go

* Topics for this Week

      * Speaking opportunity at Edge Computing World Europe (Ildiko)
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-January/010665.html

* ARs from Previous Meetings

      * Bruce/Austin - spec authorship re: RHEL DUP - pending

      * Bill/Nicolae - docker hub pro account - pending

* Open Requests for Help

      * Stx Services Documentation/Training --- wants to know if he can run DC in a virtual environment
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-January/010674.html
            * the simple answer is Yes, Bart will provide the more nuanced response

      * StarlingX Installation Error
            * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-January/010605.html
            * Hello team, I am facing problem in installing StarlingX.
            * The below link has all information about the error which I am facing.
            * I have raised a defect on 25th of January. This is the bug which I have raised (#1913043 "StrarlingX Installation Error" (Provision Setup))
                  * https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1J_gHzisudkNMKuP6BLCuw7mmD3GLsIoW?usp=sharing
                  * https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1913043
                  * Sanath will update the Launchpad to clearly state what he thinks the bug is, with supporting information

* Build Matters (if required)
      * as discussed above