[Starlingx-discuss] Community (& TSC) Call (July 28, 2021)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Jul 28 14:56:26 UTC 2021

>From today's call...

  * Standing Topics

      * Build/Sanity
          * sanity green since last week
          * Scott encountered an issue that blocked Jenkins jobs - disk was filling up - has been cleared up now & we're back to good
          * builds can be slow now re: cloning yocto kernel
              * a variation of the issue we discussed a few weeks ago
              * this will be apparent over the next few weeks as the new 5.10 kernel is merged (see below) & should be back to quicker clone times by mid-August

      * Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
          * nothing this week

  * Topics for this Week

      * 5.10 Kernel
          * it's going to merge very soon, as early as today

      * Python 3 Changes Coming (Frank)
          * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-July/011811.html
              * many reviews https://review.opendev.org/q/topic:%2522py3%2522+(status:open

      * Layout of Debian Folders (Yue)
          * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-July/011805.html
              * open for comments!

      * Docs Retrospective
          * Requesting feedback on STX Release 5 - Docs only
              * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-July/011801.html
              * community encouraged to provide feedback

  * ARs from Previous Meetings

      * DockerHub - still no update on the Admin changes and we have had instances of us hitting the limit, Bill will follow up with DockerHub again

      * CENGN Backups - Anthony working on it, not concluded yet

  * Open Requests for Help

      * Edge Cloud questions
          * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-July/011803.html
              * Greg will respond

  *  After lock/unlock, Openstack applying failed and nova-compute-worker-0 pod with CrashLoopBackOff staus
          * http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2021-July/011807.html
              * OpenStack team to respond