[Starlingx-discuss] stx-openstack application applying failed

Embedded Devel lists at optimcloud.com
Mon Jun 28 12:14:52 UTC 2021

On Monday 28 June 2021 19:06:17 PM (+07:00), Waines, Greg wrote:

Here is what you need to do … we will update this in docs.

Greg.

# Increase size of cgts-vg LVG in order to increase size of docker fs

export NODE=controller-1

ROOT_DISK=$(system host-show ${NODE} | grep rootfs | awk '{print $4}')

ROOT_DISK_UUID=$(system host-disk-list ${NODE} --nowrap | grep ${ROOT_DISK} | awk '{print $2}')

NEW_SIZE=35

NEW_PARTITION=$(system host-disk-partition-add -t lvm_phys_vol ${NODE} ${ROOT_DISK_UUID} ${NEW_SIZE})

NEW_PARTITION_UUID=$(echo ${NEW_PARTITION} | grep -ow "| uuid | [a-z0-9\-]* |" | awk '{print $4}')

system host-pv-add ${NODE} cgts-vg ${NEW_PARTITION_UUID}

system host-fs-modify controller-1 docker=60

ROOT_DISK=$(system host-show ${NODE} | grep rootfs | awk '{print $4}')  fails on my stx 5.0 simplex

[sysadmin at controller-0 ~(keystone_admin)]$ system host-show ${NODE}
+-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Property              | Value                                                                |
+-----------------------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+
| action                | none                                                                 |
| administrative        | unlocked                                                             |
| availability          | available                                                            |
| bm_ip                 | None                                                                 |
| bm_type               | none                                                                 |
| bm_username           | None                                                                 |
| boot_device           | /dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:00:17.0-ata-1.0                           |
| capabilities          | {u'stor_function': u'monitor', u'Personality': u'Controller-Active'} |
| clock_synchronization | ntp                                                                  |
| config_applied        | 65c1c5ac-546a-45fc-8d82-e9644f1930a2                                 |
| config_status         | None                                                                 |
| config_target         | 65c1c5ac-546a-45fc-8d82-e9644f1930a2                                 |
| console               | tty0                                                                 |
| created_at            | 2021-06-26T10:51:25.595104+00:00                                     |
| device_image_update   | None                                                                 |
| hostname              | controller-0                                                         |
| id                    | 1                                                                    |
| install_output        | text                                                                 |
| install_state         | None                                                                 |
| install_state_info    | None                                                                 |
| inv_state             | inventoried                                                          |
| invprovision          | provisioned                                                          |
| location              | {}                                                                   |
| mgmt_ip               | 192.168.204.2                                                        |
| mgmt_mac              | 00:00:00:00:00:00                                                    |
| operational           | enabled                                                              |
| personality           | controller                                                           |
| reboot_needed         | False                                                                |
| reserved              | False                                                                |
| rootfs_device         | /dev/disk/by-path/pci-0000:00:17.0-ata-1.0                           |
| serialid              | None                                                                 |
| software_load         | 21.05                                                                |
| subfunction_avail     | available                                                            |
| subfunction_oper      | enabled                                                              |
| subfunctions          | controller,worker                                                    |
| task                  |                                                                      |
| tboot                 | false                                                                |
| ttys_dcd              | None                                                                 |
| updated_at            | 2021-06-28T12:13:20.119581+00:00                                     |
| uptime                | 15240                                                                |
| uuid                  | 2b237d4f-fc3d-4f83-bdf2-b2689469b89e                                 |
| vim_progress_status   | services-enabled                                                     |