[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Feb 2, 2022)

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Feb 3 02:10:05 UTC 2022

Minutes from today's community meeting

Feb 2 2022

- Looking for someone to takeover chairing of these STX Community meetings
   - volunteers ?

Standing Topics
- Build: Update from Scott Little
   - Appears to be some build failures today
          - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012746.html
          - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012747.html
          - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012748.html
          - LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1959694
                 - Review is posted: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/827339
          - From Scott:
                 - flock builds are good
                 - container builds are failing due to CentOS moving artifacts to vault.
                 - Review is merging now and we will re-trigger the build

- Sanity:  Update from Alexandru Dimofte
   - Last stx master sanity from 2022-02-01 is GREEN: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012739.html
   - From Alex: Sanity is currently running for the 2022-02-02 load; not expecting any issues.

- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention:  Anyone ?
   - Nothing raised in the meeting

Topics for this Week
- STX 6.0
   - [Starlingx-discuss] stx.6.0 Release milestone Declared:
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-January/012732.html
          - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012743.html  << includes link to Press Release and Release Blog Post
   - From Ildiko: We are planning 2 more blog posts in the next few weeks:
          - Blog for Certificate Management Enhancements
          - Blog for Distributed Cloud Scalability
- STX 7.0
   - [Starlingx-discuss] stx.7.0 Milestone-1 Declared
          - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012738.html
- Debian - OIF Associate Membership discussion (Ildiko)
          - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012749.html
          - The email above is looking for some input from active Debian developers
          - Frank to follow up with Chuck Short to conisder some participation.
          - Follow-Up AR: Check on where we are next week

ARs from Previous Meetings
- Nothing still open from last week.

Open Requests for Help
- Email from Mohammed Abuibaid (Carleton U)
   - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012740.html
          - Ghada to ask John Kung to respond with some pointers for investigation
   - Ideas to manage Open Requests for Help
          - Suggest the use of a prefix in the email subject:  [HELP WANTED]
          - Encourage developers on the mailing list to monitor and provide answers when they can or alert others to respond

Regards,
Ghada