[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Feb 16. 2022)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Feb 17 01:18:49 UTC 2022
Minutes from the community call
Feb 16 2022
- Standing Topics
- Last Build Failure Emails are from Feb 14
- From Scott:
- No builds on Feb 14 & 15 - CENGN log partition was full
- Freed up space and enabled automated log cleanup.
- Builds have been successful since.
- Sanity is Green
- Latest (Feb 15): http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012789.html
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- Nothing raised in the meeting
- Topics for This Week
- Separate the StarlingX projects on LP - Thiago Brito
- Some fixes spread across several projects (e.g. App rename stuff on config, distributedcloud and openstack-armada-app) and we have and using Partial-Bug doesn't really help to track cross project changes
- Separating the projects, it would work like this bug: https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/968696
- The starlingx tenant on LP would serve to track all bugs from all projects
- Discussion during the meeting:
- Background: Issue arose when developers used Closes-Bug too pre-maturely and a bug was automatically marked as Fix Released before all the required changes merged in the different repos. The correct approach is to use Partial-Bug until all associated changes in the different repos are merged.
- The proposal to create LP sub-projects is to address this issue and allow for duplicating bugs per sub-project
- Note: Launchpad is not a one-to-one mapping to repos.
- StarlingX is an integration project. The subprojects do not stand on their owner
- StarlingX has many repos (>20) and this would result in a lot of sub-projects to be created and managed
- There is no strong LP expertise in the community to do this and maintain it. The overhead is unknown and could be high.
- This may also make it more onerous for people reporting issues to determine the correct sub-project.
- Agreed to stick with the status quo as no strong benefit was identified to offset the setup overhead.
- Marketing Update - Ildiko / Greg
- Team is revisiting mission/scope; want to be more strategic in 2022
- See email from Ildiko with the minutes: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-February/012788.html
- Participants are welcome to participate in the bi-weekly marketing meetings
- Planning 6 demos in 2022; one for each of StarlingX core value-adds on the stx main site
- One demo is already available
- Patching in large scale deployments demo - https://youtu.be/B3uGlKLNoRE
- ARs from Previous Meetings
- Nothing still open from last week.
- Open Requests for Help
- bootimage.iso password / login
- Appears to be resolved thru the mailing list
- Nothing else brought up in the meeting
More information about the Starlingx-discuss