[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Jun 15 2022)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Jun 16 13:02:59 UTC 2022
Minutes from the community call
June 15 2022
- CentOS builds
- Rough week for CentOS builds
- golang issue changed from intermittent failure to persistent failure. This was addressed.
- Some upstream python package (packge-name: requires) changes also affected the builds.
- Managed to have one green build on June 14. But now investigating a failure today related to a missing fluxCD package.
- Also working to address some infrastructure mirroring issues.
- Debian builds
- Intermittent failures seen this week; mostly related to packaging issues
- Successful build on June 13. But one failure on June 14.
- Most recent build is ongoing.
- Need to chop up build logs into smaller bits in order to make it easier to find build errors ... current log crashes/hangs browser
- No update since last week.
- Intel sanity was halted as of May 27. WR sanity not started; plan to start working on env setup in 2wks (June 29)
- Reviewed staus in the release meeting and agreed that lack of regular sanity will block the stx.7.0 release declaration planned for July 25. Release dates may need to be re-forecasted.
- Last Sanity Report on mailing list
- May 27
- Status: Red
- [Starlingx-discuss] Sanity Master Test LAYERED build ISO 20220527T041457Z ( http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-May/013061.html )
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1970645 - Stx-openstack apply timeout because some pods are not ready // Status ?
- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1975921 - Provision failed: IndexError: Given index 0 is out of the range 0--1 // Status ?
- Action: Greg to ping douglas about status and forecast of this
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- Many doc reviews are pending, but making progress
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for This Week
- Summit Update from Steve Geary
- Participation was smaller than usual (as expected due to COVID & global factors) - ~900 people attended.
- There was still lots of activity and community feeling.
- Lots of participation from commercial distros and CERN
- StarlingX talks were well attended. Participants were engaged.
- Babak presented the StarlingX 101 presentation and was asked to present a second one.
- StarlingX booth traffic was also very good with a good level of dialog.
- Grace Hopper Open Source Day: https://ghc.anitab.org/programs-and-awards/open-source-day/ -- Ildiko
- Project sign-up deadline is June 20. Event on Sept 16.
- Anyone from the community interested in participating?
- Ildiko will send another reminder to the stx mailing list
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- Incorrect public key for signed starlingX 5.0 iso: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-June/013072.html
- Action: Greg to reply.
- StarlingX on AWS Bare Metal Servers: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-June/013087.html
- Greg provided a response.
- Conclusion is that AWS Bare metal servers doesn't support setting up L2 networks, so it can't run StarlingX.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss