[Starlingx-discuss] Error in adding a subcloud after unlocking the first controller

Kung, John John.Kung at windriver.com
Wed Jun 29 19:51:56 UTC 2022

As this appears to be the first host-unlock attempted on the subcloud; it appears the bootstrap configuration may not have completed yet on the affected subcloud.

There are possibly 'Error' logs under /var/log/puppet.  The following would scan whether a configuration Error may have occurred.
The context around that Error log could provide indications as to which part of the config may encountered an issue.
On the affected subcloud itself:
      cd /var/log/puppet
      sudo grep -rs Error *

I would also recommend comparing the subcloud's ansible-playbook bootstrap parameters and logs (ansible.log on the subcloud/remote site; or on the central cloud system controller under /var/log/dcmanager/ansible) between the passing and failing subcloud.  If the bootstrap parameters require adjustment, it should be possible to update and 'replay' by rerunning the bootstrap playbook.

The following has some debug tips: https://docs.starlingx.io/developer_resources/debug_issues.html . We would recommend a 'collect' of logs from the subcloud and central controller, and to attach the logs and info for a LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs

Please advise if further comments or info.

Thanks,
John

Message: 1