[Starlingx-discuss] Error in adding a subcloud after unlocking the first controller

Amato Scaccia ascaccia96 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 27 12:57:16 UTC 2022

Dear all,

My team are trying  to install StarlingX 6.0 on a distributed cloud system: our actual configuration  is one central cloud (Bare Metal AIO Duplex) and a subcloud (Bare Metal AIO Duplex). To configure it we follow this doc and everything works fine:

( https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r6_release/distributed_cloud/index-install-r6-distcloud-46f4880ec78b.html)

Now we are trying  to add another subcloud in a different location (following the same steps needed for the previous subcloud) but after this step (Unlock of controller-0: https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/r6_release/bare_metal/aio_duplex_install_kubernetes.html#unlock-controller-0) we receive the following errors:

  *   sudo: ldap_sasl_bind_s(): Can't contact LDAP server (if run sudo command)
  *   Openstack Admin credentials can only be loaded from the active controller ($if runsource /etc/platform/opensrc)
  *   The connection to the server 192.168.206.1:6443 was refused - did you specify the right host or port? (kubectl command)

Also there is this error message in /var/log/sysinv.log:

sysinv 2022-06-27 12:27:28.254 9676 ERROR sysinv.openstack.common.rpc.common [-] AMQP server on localhost:5672 is unreachable: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED. Trying again in 30 seconds.: error: [Errno 111] ECONNREFUSED

Let me know if you need more info on the setup/logs. Thanks for your help!