[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Oct 12, 2022)

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Fri Oct 14 17:14:10 UTC 2022

Etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-status

Minutes from the community call
October 12, 2022

Standing topics
- Build
     - Main Branch CentOS Builds
          - Green all week
     - Main Branch Debian Builds
          - One build failure on Oct 7. A rebuild passed.
          - Green since then
- Sanity
     - CentOS Main Branch Sanity w/o stx-openstack
          - No Longer will be run based on Debian Sanity working.
     - CentOS Main Branch Sanity w/ stx-openstack
          - Last sanity on Oct 6 is Yellow: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-October/013402.html
          - Next sanity is planned for Oct 12-13
          - Need to determine when the stx-openstack sanity can transition to Debian.
                - Action: Rob/Thales to provide a plan
     - Debian Main Branch Sanity
          - Last sanity on Oct 5 is Green: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-October/013398.html
          - Sanity is typically planned for Monday, but hit some issues that prevented that from happening. Trying to get a sanity done before EOW.
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
     - None brought forward in the meeting
     - Reference Links:
          - Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
          - Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master

Topics for this week
- Next week's meeting will be cancelled because of the PTG
- No other new topics

ARs from Previous Meetings
- Action: Rob to confirm if the bi-weekly build meeting is active and send the date for the next meeting to the mailing list.
     - Closed. Meeting is active.
     - Email Reminder: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013383.html

Open Requests for Help
- Rook Installation
     - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-October/013404.html
     - Greg asked Flavio/Storage team if someone can respond. 
     - Note: The original Intel team who intrdouced rook is no longer active in the community.
- Enabling cpu_dedicated_set
     - https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013382.html
     - Last Question posted here: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013382.html
                - Is there a way I can enable application-isolation across all the worker nodes including new nodes to be added in future?
     - Still need to find someone to respond. Ghada to contact Chris Friesen to request someone from the containers team to respond.
- Rebuilding ISOs
     - Raised by Scott Kamp
     - Actions:
                - Action: Rob to re-share build meeting link as per above >> DONE
                - Action: Scott Little will also look at the latest updates to the build guide as they were updated recently.  >> Still Open
                - Action: Mike Matteson to investigate whether Scott Little has time to spend with Scott Kamp in resolving build issues in short term before PTG talks on this topic. >> Still Open
     - Suggest that further discussions continue in the Build meeting

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list