[Starlingx-discuss] Release planning - reviewing stx.8.0 milestone-2 offline

Khalil, Ghada Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Wed Oct 19 17:01:32 UTC 2022

Hello all,
Since the bi-weekly starlingx release planning meeting was not held this week due to the PTG, I'd like to review the stx.8.0 milestone-2 criteria offline using the mailing list. The milestone is targeted for this week and I believe we are in good shape to declare it.

The criteria for the milestone are:
- Feature plans defined and feature development well underway
        - Based on the recent updates in [1] - worksheet: Release Candidates, it looks like feature leads have been updating feature dates. Thank you!
        - I'd like to ask each feature lead to have a final look and make any further updates by EOD Thursday Oct 20

- Release test plan defined - including test automation deliverables
        - Action: Rob to review/confirm that this can be done by Oct 19.
        - Rob, For your action:
        - please review the following test milestones in [1] - worksheet: Release Milestones
                        - Feature Test Complete
                        - Regression Test Start
                        - Regression Test Complete
                        - Final Regression Complete
                   Suggest any date or duration changes if needed. Or confirm that the current plan is reasonable
        - please review the "Feature Tested" dates for the various features in [1] - worksheet: Release Candidates
                         These dates were updated by the individual feature leads, so I expect they are accurate
        - please comment on whether there are planned automation deliverables for stx.8.0
        - please complete by EOD Thursday Oct 20
        - I already see that you have a folder for the stx.8.0 test activities [2], so thank you!

Please note that feature proposals are come in at any time during the release cycle provided the feature dates fit within the overall release milestones, so declaring Milestone-2 doesn't impact new feature proposals.

Regards,
Ghada

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjhRQm717zOTo2ngs5SEs3elhJwSRxFAI-ruqJaBe80/edit#gid=1107209846
[2] https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1E_AQPxVrNnbVtSqQ9_CdqYidqMmYcq4n