[Starlingx-discuss] Proposed timeline for CENGN Debian only builds in stx8.0

Miller, Frank Frank.Miller at windriver.com
Fri Oct 28 13:27:39 UTC 2022

StarlingX Community:

As discussed at the previous 2 PTGs, the stx.8.0 release will be based solely on Debian and no longer based on CentOS.  Currently we are building both CentOS and Debian based ISOs on a nightly basis and the plan for stx.8.0 is to transition to Debian only.  At last week's PTG we identified the criteria [1] to be used to determine when CentOS builds can be stopped during the stx.8.0 release.  The current view is this is expected to occur sometime in December 2022 once stx-openstack is shown to be applied and running on a Debian based StarlingX ISO.  At that point stx.8.0 builds would be Debian only.  (Note we will continue to support CentOS builds when required for stx.6.0 and stx.7.0.)

If anyone has any questions or concerns please reply to this email or bring them up at our next community meeting.

Frank

[1] https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-ptg-planning-october-2022