[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Oct 26, 2022)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Oct 27 22:22:35 UTC 2022
Minutes from the community call
October 26, 2022
- Main Branch CentOS Builds
- Green all week
- Main Branch Debian Builds
- 6 out of 7 were green. One failure was transient due to error accessing
- Debian Build Acceleration Feature
- Reviews in progress
- This will make builds faster
- Weekly CentOS Builds for stx.6.0 & stx.7.0
- This will be setup shortly.
- stx.6.0 - plan to build ISO only and no containers
- stx.7.0 - plan to build both ISO and containers (since stx.8.0 is several months from being released)
- CentOS Main Branch Sanity w/ stx-openstack
- Last sanity email sent on Oct 21: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-October/013452.html
- Status: Red
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1993832
- Introduced by recent code changes. Ghada to assign to the developer who introduced the issue.
- stx-openstack sanity transition to Debian
- The time-frame is nominally in the Dec time-frame
- The feature tracking the stx-openstack migration has a Code Merge date of 12/07 based on the stx.8.0 tracking spreadsheet
- Action: Ghada to ask Frank to share the latest in the plan to disable stx CentOS builds on the mailing list.
- Action: Rob/Thales to discuss if stx-openstack CentOS can be stopped for the next 4-6wks if the builds are stopping. To make this decision, a community poll via the mailing list is needed.
- Debian Main Branch Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on Oct 25: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-October/013461.html
- Status: Green
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- None brought forward in the meeting
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for this week
- Upcoming Elections
- Nomination period starts next week on Nov 1 for both TSC & PL/TL positions
- Action: Ildiko to add Scott Kamp to the electoral as a contributor to the project.
- stx.8.0 Milestone-2 was declared on the mailing list
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- stx aio bare metal 7.0 centos / openstack fails
- Last Email in the thread: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-October/013447.html
- LP Opened and assigned to the stx-openstack team for investigation: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1993593
- Thales will follow up on status
- Rook Installation
- Greg forwarded the email to the storage team. But still no response. Ghada to ping Flavio again
- Note: The original Intel team who introduced rook is no longer active in the community.
- Enabling cpu_dedicated_set
- Last Question posted here: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2022-September/013382.html
- Is there a way I can enable application-isolation across all the worker nodes including new nodes to be added in future?
- Ghada to ping Chris Friesen again
- Rebuilding ISOs
- Raised by Scott Kamp
- This will be covered in the context of upgrades support which will be managed in a subproject team.
- Consider closed in the context of the communit call; it will be worked within the above context.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss