[Starlingx-discuss] What is the base OS for Starlingx Release 6

Waines, Greg Greg.Waines at windriver.com
Fri Sep 9 18:42:55 UTC 2022

hey Danishka,

sorry for the slow reply on this.

It sounds like you are trying to build on-target …. directly on starlingx hosts.
We actually don’t support that, so we don’t package the build toolchain on the hosts.

Only option I can think of is functionality that we added in STX.7.0 to do such a build in a container.
A new container image was provided (with dev tools) for the purposes of building, deploying and running non-open-source tools that need to be built by end user.
See ‘Build, deploy and run non-open-source tools’ on https://docs.starlingx.io/usertasks/kubernetes/vran-tools-2c3ee49f4b0b.html for details.

Greg.