[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call Meeting Minutes
scott.kamp at xunison.com
Thu Apr 6 11:52:34 UTC 2023
From: Waines, Greg <Greg.Waines at windriver.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 6, 2023 6:16 PM
To: Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko at openinfra.dev>; StarlingX ML <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] Community Call Meeting Minutes
Thanks for running the meeting.
A lot of people in Ottawa we're without power last night, so could not log in to meeting.
I, personally, had power … but completely forgot about the meeting, DOH … apologies.
Some in-lined comments below …
more inlined responses 🙂
From: Ildiko Vancsa <ildiko at openinfra.dev>
Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2023 11:07 PM
To: StarlingX ML <starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
Subject: [Starlingx-discuss] Community Call Meeting Minutes
CAUTION: This email comes from a non Wind River email account!
Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.
Hi StarlingX community,
We had a handful of people on the Community call today. We decided to use the meeting to discuss some ongoing challenges and next steps.
Scott Kamp brought up a few items with regards to network configuration recommendations and challenges within the platform:
* Network bond + LAG
- The documentation suggests 3 networks in a standards setup. This translates to 6 interfaces when setting up a LAG, which is too many.
- Using VLAN as a workaround doesn’t always work, not every commercial network provider allows for that setup.
Just to be clear … what are the 3x networks we are referring to here ? oam, mgmt and cluster-host ?
VLANs would be the first approach to reduce the number of physical interfaces.
Alternatively you can also multi-net the networks on the same L2 network.
That is what we typically do in our labs for the mgmt and cluster-host networks.
We're there any other ideas on how to reduce physical interfaces ?
- There’s an issue with bonding in Debian Bullseye
+ See the earlier email on starlingx-discuss: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-March/013877.html
+ —> Has anyone ran or looked into the above issue? ^^
- While Wireguard is enabled on StarlingX, Wireguard tools is not. Scott and team are working on testing and adding it
* Calico support
- Scott and team are working with Calico and are planning to add that to the platform
- Scott will propose a spec to introduce the feature idea and move the conversation forward
I don't understand this comment.
StarlingX uses Calico today as its primary/default CNI.
Yes we use calico, however calicoctl is missing from the deployed host environment
* Addressing the lower attendance
- Wednesday was a public holiday in China, which probably affected attendance on Thursday morning
- Ildiko will look into advertising the APAC time slot call better in the region
As mentioned above … most people in Ottawa had a power outage due to an ice rain storm.
Although for me … no excuse … I just completely forgot … apologies.
Director of Community
Open Infrastructure Foundation
Starlingx-discuss mailing list
Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss