[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: OpenStack Distro Team Call (Apr 25, 2023)
Cervi, Thales Elero
ThalesElero.Cervi at windriver.com
Tue Apr 25 19:10:37 UTC 2023
Minutes from the OpenStack Distro team call
April 25, 2023
- Build Issues:
bug/2017592: Fix proposed and reviewed, should be merged today.
Sanity with stx-openstack (main branch):
- Last Execution: Tue Apr 11 12:39:12 UTC 2023 - Overall status: YELLOW
Sanity - Passed: 15 (100.00%) | Failed: 0 (0.0%)
Regression - Passed: 11 (91.67%) | Failed: 1 (8.33%)
- Open Launchpads:
bug/2012392: Fix proposed and reviewed, should be merged today.
bug/2012389: Will be selected for investigation soon.
bug/2007303: Will be selected for investigation soon.
- Team bandwidth can currently accommodate only the build/sanity issues as a priority work
- Debian Tech Debt
bug/2008124: DPDK support check broken with OVS-DPDK on Debian
- To be fixed once the build/sanity bugs are all closed
- Security notices: to be re-evaluated regarding the Antelope upversion
- Other bugs are lowered on the current team priorities list
StarlingX 9.0 Release:
- Feature Test Forecasted to: 08/16/2023
- Will we be able to fit the OpenStack Antelope upversion inside this timeframe? NO
- TODO: Create Storyboard/Tasks for OpenStack upversion @Thales (to be done by 05/05/2023)
- TODO: Fill the StarlingX Release Plan 9.0 Spreadsheet @Doug/Thales (to be done by 04/28/2023)
- Restarting OpenStack Distro Bi-Weekly Meetings:
OpenStack Distro meetings were suspended for more than a year, since September 2021
The community manifested interest on stx-openstack application last PTG
TODO: Update the StarlingX meetings page with new meeting time @Doug/Thales
TODO: Send the meeting invite to the starlingx list @Doug/Thales
- NEW REPOSITORY!! starlingx/virt: https://opendev.org/starlingx/virt
The virtualization components are being split from starlingx/integ
- Should we also split the OVS related directories?
This discussion should be brought to the TSC/Community call for a broader audience
Topics to discuss with the Community:
* Any interest on supporting Open Virtual Network (OVN) for stx-openstack? What is the effort here?
* Unified networking between containers/VMs: current state and future enhancements?
- Remove Armada related (deprecated) code:
TODO: Create Story/Tasks to track this work @Falcao (to be done by 04/26/2023)
Should we also rename the repository starlingx/openstack-armada-app? (TSC/Community call)
- Enhance stx-openstack documentation
New developers need to know how to build/use the application and docker images
Enhance StarlingX Docs, Wiki and/or README file on starlingx/openstack-armada-app
- Will STX on ARM support stx-openstack?
ARM support is currently not required by any of the stx-openstack users present on this call
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Starlingx-discuss