[Starlingx-discuss] [docs] [meeting] Docs team notes 15-02-23

Balaraj, Juanita Juanita.Balaraj at windriver.com
Wed Feb 15 22:37:33 UTC 2023

Hello All,

Here are this week's docs team meeting minutes (short form). Details in [2].

Join us if you have interest in StarlingX docs! We meet on Wednesdays 12:30 PST.

  [1]   Call logistics: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings__;!!AjveYdw8EvQ!NoQkF8y98qm5bzC0aLXc-Ha2PwKv0IoJNr9KxUYiPgSUBLYKlyANyi-m6SBGKv10OKvS5zE$>

  [2]   Tracking Etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-documentation__;!!AjveYdw8EvQ!NoQkF8y98qm5bzC0aLXc-Ha2PwKv0IoJNr9KxUYiPgSUBLYKlyANyi-m6SBGKv10sTSK2HE$>


Juanita Balaraj



Stx 9.0 Release Tracking Spreadsheet created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing

StarlingX 8.0 Release: - February 22nd

  - StarlingX Features: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cjhRQm717zOTo2ngs5SEs3elhJwSRxFAI-ruqJaBe80/edit#gid=1107209846 - Doc Tasks created - Doc Team to ensure Stories/Tasks are added to the commit messages - Ongoing WIP

- Modify the following page to include Stx 8.0

https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/index-install-e083ca818006.html - AR Ron

https://docs.starlingx.io/deploy_install_guides/release/index-install-r7-8966076f0e81.html#index-install-r7-8966076f0e81 - Need to include Stx 8.0 - AR Ron

To add Stx 8.0 in the Version drop-down

Gerrit Reviews ; https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/873258;

- To automate New Features from the Stx 8.0 RN into the StarlingX Introduction Guide (StarlingX specific) - AR Juanita

- Stx 8.0 Release Notes WIP - https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/873563 - AR Juanita

- Elisa raised an issue with a merged review and there was a build failure - The issue was sorted out

events.yaml  - Applies only to master and it was implemented in 8.0 and forward...

    -  Reviewers need to refer to https://docs.starlingx.io/fault-mgmt/index-fault-98d5f50a9b8c.html to view updated alarms and log files.

    - To raise a Defect to fix the events.yaml file https://opendev.org/starlingx/fault/src/branch/master/fm-doc/fm_doc/events.yaml to update the "Context" field wherever applicable to "OpenStack"  (For example; 100.105 100.112 and 100.113) ; Update Ghada / Greg about the situation; Process is not being followed by Engineering; AR - Ron

    -  Alarm updates are only supported on Master - Manual updates need to be implemented on the branches for alarms (events.yaml) since script is not supported on the branches as of date.

    - Doc Team to be included as part of the Gerrit review cycle for any alarm updates in the event.yaml files - To discuss details with Greg Waines / Ghada  (To update the Contributor Guide after discussion with the primes with the required process)

Installation Guide - Restructuring of the Installation Guide is WIP and the plan is to deliver for stx 8.0?? - Completed the flattening of the TOC.....Flattening of TOC not being implemented on older branches. Simplified on stx 6.0 / stx 7.0 (makes cherry picks easier)

Gerrit Reviews:

-  Open Reviews pending; https://review.opendev.org/q/starlingx/docs+status:open - Merged 1 Review

https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/872912 - Review merged but Zuul failed...content is not appearing in output file; Ron AR

Launchpad Doc Bugs:

- https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bugs?field.tag=stx.docs Total 6 bugs outstanding - The DOC team to create LP defects corresponding with any DS defects - WIP. - - Teams to add all the impacted Releases when raising a LP bug

- Gabriel Francischini joined the docs call and raised an update for the Stx docs - Gabriel to raise a LP Bug.

Miscellaneous Updates:

- Backslashes to be removed from rst files wherever applicable especially in code blocks, for example, \(code\_remove\) - To be cleaned up in rst files as the files are being updated for any doc Gerrit reviews.

- Numbering in the Distributed Cloud Guide is causing issues - AR Ron to check - WIP

General Updates:

-  Sphinx Tools - Need to have further discussions about the version used upstream vs. downstream - AR Ron -To determine version.

-  Reviews for Install directory structure for Stx 6.0 / Stx 7.0  - AR Ron

-  Operations Guide Archive - On Hold until further clarifications are discussed with Greg (https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/docs/+/822030)

- OpenInfra Summit & PTG: June 13-15, Vancouver, Canada - https://openinfra.dev/summit/vancouver-2023/

- Workshop Details are tracked in https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx_hands_on_workshop_2023

-  Virtual PTG - March 28-29


Starlingx-discuss mailing list

Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io<mailto:Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io>


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/attachments/20230215/5ee5b6e1/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list