[Starlingx-discuss] STX networking question.

Sergei Akhmatov sergei.akhmatov at xunison.com
Thu Jan 19 10:58:47 UTC 2023

Hello.

I've got starlingx 7.0 duplex cluster, debiab-based installation. For now, let's say it's Kubernetes only, without openstack.
According to documentation any interface could be used for access to applications running in Kubernetes.
I'd prefer to keep OAM & Management networks for internal management only, on private Ips and without access from internet, and use cluster-host or cluster-services network dedicated to public applications access.

My problem is: during installation the default gateway could be set up only on OAM interface and seems like it can't be changed afterwards. So, all the outbound traffic to internet will go through this interface, and that's not what I want to achieve.
What's the correct way to setup networking on stx to dedicate network and interface it's attached to for access to public services deployed as Kubernetes pods from internet and route all inbound and outbound traffic through this interface?
I could share some more details if needed. Any advice would be appreciated.