[Starlingx-discuss] Bi-Weekly StarlingX OS Distro & Multi-OS meeting minutes May 3, 2023

Wang, Linda Linda.Wang at windriver.com
Wed May 17 13:28:45 UTC 2023

May 3rd, 2023
Attendees: Davlet, Mark A., Charles S. Linda W.,, Scott L.

  1.  Gerneral Topics

  *   1.1 Split package list between repositories (ISO and container images)

  *   Separation of the list is done per Davlet.

  *   AI: Devlet will check the documentation on package list.

  *   1.2 Log into the git before download the source.

  *   * How to pass the credential through the tooling layer when log into git repo.

  *   * workaround: currently use repo sync outside of the containers.

  *   * AI: Scott to write up a feature request for the tool - file a request in Story Board.

  *     1.3  Pre-patch ISO (Luis) (Carols replacing Luis Barbosa)

           * AI: to invite Carlos Pocahy to this meeting to discuss Pre-patch ISO. (lwang8: Ping Carlos and his manager to make sure he attends)
2. StartlingX 8.0

  *   2.1  ISO size bigger than 4G

           with OOT driver may need to include the kernel source/debug package that will allow OOT tree driver to be built on customer target.
          * This will add the ISO size back up to greater than 4G.
          * Extension to the ISO build standard, 9660, for longer file names, addresses the daisy chain of the ISO for larger achieve.
          * AI: OS team need to investigate the workaround by passing a parameter to ISO creation.  (Bring this up)

  *   2.2 Unresolved patch review needs clean up

  *   https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/835770

  *   https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/831156

  *   Ai: Hongxu to review if these patches are still needed.

  *   2.3 SPEC to be written by Mark regarding new direction for the kernel, possibly to use the Debian kernel

  *   2.4 SPEC from Chuck on OSTree generation on the colltroller, pending review.

April 19th, 2023 and April 20th, 2023
Attendees: ScottL, MouliB, SteveG, MarkA, Bruno Muniz, Charles Short, Linda W
- Research on on target os-tree generation - SPEC should be written and reviewed
- LAT can still be used to generate ISO? without os-tree when it is no longer required? should be yes and yes
- SPEC to be written by Mark regarding new direction for the kernel, possibly to use the Debian kernel
- Explore opportunities to reduce IO (disk) access, not restricted to SW solutions only but could involve tracking additional metadata to properly use system resources, doesn't have to be uniform across all packages but focus on the heavyweights

  *   - scheduler enhancements to better "pack" jobs, avoiding resources being idle

  *   - continue to investigate proper package reuse to avoid unnecessary rebuilding of packages. This work is essentially done but a review should be performed to ensure this is always working as expected.

Next Meeting May 17, 2023
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/attachments/20230517/4ec6102b/attachment-0001.htm>

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list