[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (May 17, 2023)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sat May 20 03:14:44 UTC 2023
Minutes from the community call
May 17, 2023
- Main Branch Debian Builds
- Build issues from last week (due to the removal of openstack branches) have been addressed
- Scott is now on the openstack announce mailing list and will monitor announcements. Thales will add himself as well.
- Had 4-5 builds pass in a row
- Hit a network/DNS issue last night, so that build failed, but is expected to pass on a re-run
- stx.6.0 Weekly RC Builds
- Failed due to the network/DNS issue
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/6.0/
- stx.7.0 Weekly RC Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/7.0/
- stx.8.0 Weekly RC Builds
- Failed on the removal of openstack branches. Review merged to use SHA instead. Should pass next week.
- Build Output: https://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/8.0/
- CENGN Mirror Running Low on Space
- Partially resolved as some stx.8.0 builds were not being cleaned up properly.
- Still low, but not urgent
- github Mirroring Issue
- Email: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/014000.html
- The majority of the mirroring is working now after manually updating the key.
- The correct / longer term solution is to setup our own zuul configuration project for StarlingX and not piggy-back on openstack
- Estimate is about 2wks of work
- Raised in the build project team to determine if there are resources to do this work
- Story Board Created: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2010754
- Action: Greg to review the requirements for github mirroring to confirm if it's required for all repos or just a subset to meet k8s conformance requirements.
- Transition from CENGN
- As discussed in the PTG, CENGN will no longer be able to host the StarlingX builds.
- Build team is working on transitioning the builds to WR infrastructure.
- Timing: TBD
- Status: Progressing. Able to build the main branch builds (iso+container) on a parallel env. Will work on stx.8.0 RC builds next.
- Debian Main Branch Platform Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on May 16: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-May/014097.html
- Status: Green for SX. Not run for DX due to lab issues
- Debian Main Branch stx-openstack Sanity
- Last week's build issues have been addressed. LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2019015
- Hit some lab issues and were not able to run sanity this week
- Last sanity email sent on Apr 11: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/013968.html
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- tools repo reviews - Virtual Env Setup
- Still waiting for core reviewers to have a look; it's unclear who is familiar with this area and would make the best candidates to review.
- From previous meetings: Fixes to libvirt env: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/863735
- Review comments provided in Nov; still waiting for author (Scott Kamp) to respond/address review comments
- Jan 18: Some activity in the review as of Jan 15
- Feb 1: Alternative fix proposed on Jan 18; waiting for ScottK's review
- Feb 15: ScottK is going back to this
- Mar 22: Next action is w/ ScottK; As per today's meeting, he'll be looking at the comments
- Apr 11: Review is still open. Next action is w/ ScottK (the author)
- May 4: ScottK lost his setup, so needs to recover the review
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for this week
- No new topics raised
- Election and PTG/Summit topics were already covered in the TSC portion of the meeting
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- Issue w/ pxebooting a second node on StarlingX
- Question raised on the community call (Apr 26) by Kevin
- The initial node installs/boots correctly, but but an identical second node doesn't. This setup is using vmare to run StarlingX in VMs.
- Status: Open / Greg has some information to share, but isn't sure how to get in touch w/ Kevin
- Build System Setup
- Question was posted on IRC by Kevin
- StarlingX documentation has a lot of outdated information. It took a lot of digging to find the right documentation for setting up a build env with minikube.
- Requested that Kevin open an LP to the doc team and/or send an email to the mailing list w/ more details to the mailing list
- Status: Open / No email sent to the mailing list yet. Unsure if LP was opened.
- Support for StarlingX 8 setup bring up
- Reported by Prashanthi
- Email thread: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/014026.html
- Status: Open / Discussion is active on the mailing list. Greg providing assitance. The issues are related to date/time issues on servers being setup as well as firewall issues
More information about the Starlingx-discuss