[Starlingx-discuss] Notes from today's Core team call

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Thu Aug 9 16:27:38 UTC 2018

Agenda and notes for the 8/9 call:

  *   Should we change this to a Team Lead call or a TL + Primes call?  Keep for all the Cores?

  *   Coordination for the Denver PTG - cross project collaboration and spec pushes
o    We agreed that we should have strong StarlingX presence at the Edge WG session.

  *   We discussed Airship and Akraino.  We plan to integrate some of the same components for StarlingX (e.g. Helm charts, Armada).

  *   Governance draft feedback - please review the draft and thanks!

  *   Configuration / installation
o    Using puppet vs packaging to configure the system will need to be looked at on a case by case basis - boot time vs run time.  Will need to build a list and decide for each the best solution.

  *   How do we use Storyboard vs the mailing list?  In general we'd like discussions on the mailing list and decisions recorded in Storyboard.

  *   We agreed to start defining the spec process sooner in addition to discussing it at the PTG.  Brent to post a proposal to the list.

  *   Centos 7.5 rebase
o    We'd like to see an end-to-end plan - what versions to move to, which patches to keep, which need to be re-based, etc...
o    We agreed to use the Master patch spreadsheet and add additional columns
o    Focus first on the source RPMs and their dep's, then the binary RPMs.
o    Make the changes on main (after the analysis) and coordinate the check ins.