[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (May 29, 2019)

Jones, Bruce E bruce.e.jones at intel.com
Fri May 31 19:54:36 UTC 2019

Re my action regarding Docs reviews -they can be found here: https://review.opendev.org/#/q/project:starlingx/docs.

More reviewers and authors are always welcome!


-----Original Message-----
From: Zvonar, Bill [mailto:Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2019 8:41 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Re: [Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (May 29, 2019)

Notes & actions from today's call.



- per Saul, it's working in simplex, not in duplex yet 
- general agreement that we'd like to get it into stx.2.0
- Dariush suggested we get a pre-submission sanity done by the PV team
    - Saul to make a private build, how to go about getting PV to run a pre-submission sanity?
    - Jose offered to help with this, if he gets an ISO 
    - Numan requested to be in the loop re: changes that'll impact the automation framework 
    - ACTION: Saul & Jose will work together on it, keep Numan in the loop

TSC Election

- the nomination period is open until end of this week, see Ildiko's email 
    - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-May/004704.html
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/election/#how-to-submit-a-candidacy
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/governance/reference/tsc/projects/index.html
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/election/
    - https://docs.starlingx.io/election/#election-officials
- no candidates as of yet
- if anyone has any questions, please reach out to any of the election officials (Bill, Bruce, Ildiko)
- next week is the campaign - can ask questions of the candidates
- week after is the vote, unless we don't get enough candidates by then, of course 

First Contact SIG

- per Bruce, he's looking for volunteers to help new people join the project 
- create a SIG to help guide [potential] newcomers 
- what's the starting point in our documentation? 
- ACTION: Bruce will call the kick-off meeting next week

Actions from previous meetings...

- sanity status
     - Christopher noted that they're not running sanity now since they're setting up for Ansible
          - he has a list of 4 bugs that are currently impacting this, 2 still impacting
          - they're working through these issues with Tee, they're getting closer 
     - we agreed to keep this topic alive here until it's boring 

- virtual environment sanity
     - Saul's continuing to work through issues, but sanity is running in virtual environment now 

- installation wikis 
     - Bart acknowledged that Tee's update is on the wiki, per last week's action 
     - ACTION: per Bruce, the doc reviews are still in progress, he'll send a link after this meeting

- milestone-3 planning 
     - ongoing action as we drive towards the MS-3 milestone 

- a place to store (really) large log files for Launchpads - update from the infrastructure team?
     - ACTION: Bruce to follow up with the OSF infrastructure team on this


From: Zvonar, Bill 
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2019 9:16 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Community Call (May 29, 2019)

Reminder of tomorrow's Community call - please feel free to add to the agenda at [0].


[0] etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-status
[1] call details: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7am_PDT_.2F_1500_UTC_-_Community_Call
[2] meeting start time in various time-zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190529T1400 

Starlingx-discuss mailing list
Starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list