[Starlingx-discuss] [MultiOS] openSUSE auto-install question

Rosales Jimenez, Marcela A marcela.a.rosales.jimenez at intel.com
Wed Oct 16 22:13:09 UTC 2019

Hi team,

Last MultiOS meeting [1] we discussed the idea of reusing the StarlingX Validation QEMU infra [2]
for our experiments in openSUSE enabling.

For doing that I’m using this command
python qemu_setup.py -i  /<path>/openSUSE-Leap-15.1-DVD-x86_64.iso -c configs/simplex.xml

I follow the openSUSE installation manually, but I would like to do it automatically.

I read about AutoYaST, and the two options I found were:

  1.  Use an installation server and send the AutoYaST config.xml through PXE
  2.  Compile an image using kiwi with AutoYaST config.xml. Though I’ve only found basic kiwi XML descriptions for Leap.

Does someone know if there’s another way of ‘injecting’ an AutoYaST config.xml to an openSUSE DVD image?
Or another way of automatically doing an openSUSE installation?

Thanks!

Marcela

[1] http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-October/006514.html
[2] https://opendev.org/starlingx/test/src/branch/master/automated-robot-suite/Qemu