[Starlingx-discuss] MoM: Weekly StarlingX non-OpenStack distro meeting, 2/12/2020

Lin, Shuicheng shuicheng.lin at intel.com
Thu Feb 13 12:04:48 UTC 2020

Hi BUILD team and all,
In yesterday's meeting, we prefer to build CentOS 8 kernel with gcc-8.2.1, while keep other packages with gcc-4.8.5.
But current build system doesn't support gcc switch during package build.
First, gcc is a base package defined in mock config, and gcc with latest version(8.2.1) will be auto installed to mock environment when mock init, before any package building.
This will lead to all packages build with gcc-8.2.1.
Another problem is, mock environment is reused for all packages build. There is no mock environment clean between packages build.
To support different packages with different gcc, we need have two mock environment with different gcc version, and accept build for corresponding packages build only.
It will be a big change for current build system.
Do you know how could we handle the case better?

Base on upper problem, I prefer to go with option 2, gcc-4.8.5 for CentOS 8 kernel and other CentOS 7 packages.
GCC upgrade will be done later along with CentOS 8 base OS packages upgrade.
Please share me your suggestion.
Thanks.

Best Regards
Shuicheng