[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (May 24, 2023)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sun May 28 13:28:54 UTC 2023
Minutes from the community call
May 24, 2023
- Main Branch Debian Builds
- Green all week except of one intermittent/environmental issue on May 17
- stx.6.0 Weekly RC Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/6.0/
- stx.7.0 Weekly RC Builds
- stx-nova still not able to build even after the fix in master was cherrypicked. However, the fix is not compatible w/ the version of git used for CentOS.
- Tricky to fix
- Action: ScottL to solicit input from the community on whether anyone would be impacted if the container builds are stopped for stx.7.0
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/7.0/
- stx.8.0 Weekly RC Builds
- Build Output: https://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/8.0/
- github Mirroring Issue
- Email: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/014000.html
- The majority of the mirroring is working now after manually updating the key.
- The correct / longer term solution is to setup our own zuul configuration project for StarlingX and not piggy-back on openstack
- Estimate is about 2wks of work
- Raised in the build project team to determine if there are resources to do this work
- Story Board Created: https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2010754
- Action: Greg to review the requirements for github mirroring to confirm if it's required for all repos or just a subset to meet k8s conformance requirements.
- Transition from CENGN
- As discussed in the PTG, CENGN will no longer be able to host the StarlingX builds.
- Build team is working on transitioning the builds to WR infrastructure.
- Timing: Tentatively end-July / early-Aug
- Able to build Debain: the main branch builds (iso+container) as well as stx.8.0 RC builds.
- All mirror jobs are also working
- Working w/ WR IT on publicly posting build restults
- Debian Main Branch Platform Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on May 23: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-May/014122.html
- Status: Green for SX. Not run for DX due to lab issues
- Debian Main Branch stx-openstack Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on May 23: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-May/014120.html
- Status: Yellow / one TC failed
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- tools repo reviews - Virtual Env Setup
- https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/880870 <-- please focus on this one
- Starting to see some reviews.
- From previous meetings: Fixes to libvirt env: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/863735
- Review comments provided in Nov; still waiting for author (Scott Kamp) to respond/address review comments
- Jan 18: Some activity in the review as of Jan 15
- Feb 1: Alternative fix proposed on Jan 18; waiting for ScottK's review
- Feb 15: ScottK is going back to this
- Mar 22: Next action is w/ ScottK; As per today's meeting, he'll be looking at the comments
- Apr 11: Review is still open. Next action is w/ ScottK (the author)
- May 4: ScottK lost his setup, so needs to recover the review
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for this week
- TSC Election Update
- One candidate, Shuquan Huang, ran and his term was extended by one year.
- ARM Support
- Discussion is on-going as part of the OS-Distro project meeting.
- Last thread from the mailing list: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-May/014117.html
- Jackie Huang shared his status and posted some questions about container image builds and mirroring
- Action: Scott Kamp to respond to provide assistance/access to some arm machines; maybe
- Action: Scott Little to respond regarding build questions
- Cannot mirror more files on CENGN; will need to wait until we transition away from CENGN
- Action: Scott Kamp to explore providing a hosting env temporarily
- StarlingX Subprojet Meetings Updates
- Ildiko is looking for updates on the following meetings to ensure the wiki is accurate with meeting times and cadence
- Build Meeting: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7:30am_Pacific_-_Build_Team_Call_-_bi-weekly
- Action: Scott Little to confirm w/ Mike Matteson on the build meeings
- Containerization Meeting: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#6:30am_Pacific_-_StarlingX_Infrastructure_Containerization_sub-project_bi-weekly_call
- Action: Chris Friesen to provide an update
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- Issue w/ pxebooting a second node on StarlingX
- Question raised on the community call (Apr 26) by Kevin
- The initial node installs/boots correctly, but but an identical second node doesn't. This setup is using vmare to run StarlingX in VMs.
- Status: Open / Greg has some information to share, but isn't sure how to get in touch w/ Kevin
- Build System Setup
- Question was posted on IRC by Kevin
- StarlingX documentation has a lot of outdated information. It took a lot of digging to find the right documentation for setting up a build env with minikube.
- Requested that Kevin open an LP to the doc team and/or send an email to the mailing list w/ more details to the mailing list
- Status: Open / No email sent to the mailing list yet. Unsure if LP was opened.
- Support for StarlingX 8 setup bring up
- Reported by Prashanthi
- Email thread: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/014026.html
- Status: Open / Discussion is active on the mailing list. Greg providing assitance. The issues are related to date/time issues on servers being setup as well as firewall issues
More information about the Starlingx-discuss