[Starlingx-discuss] Community Call (Sep 18, 2019)

Zvonar, Bill Bill.Zvonar at windriver.com
Wed Sep 18 15:05:54 UTC 2019

>From today's call... 

Standing Topics

- any Gerrit reviews that need attention?
        - Add collectd-python runtime dependency (Erich): https://review.opendev.org/#/c/682529/ - merged!
        - Add a network config item for novncproxy: https://review.opendev.org/#/c/680908/ and https://review.opendev.org/#/c/677126/ - some recent action 
        - AR: Saul will send an email about core reviewers 
- sanity - any reds since last call? 
        - yes - http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006194.html
        - AR: Erich investigate further - why did zuul allow the file(s) when there was a merge conflict 
- any unanswered calls for assistance on the mailing list? 
        - Sai Chandu's bug - https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/1843868 - to be triaged 
        - otherwise, looking good this week 

3.0 Milestone-2
        - Ghada's email http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006145.html

Upcoming elections and project/repo restructuring
        - after project/repo/git restructuring, when to re-claim the core reviewers for the new git projects?? 
        - Ildiko: clarifying the list of teams/PL/TLs - once this finalized, the wiki page will be upated to align with the updated state 
        - reminder to check your preferred email address in Gerrit - see Ildiko's email on this http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006176.html
        - also, don't forget you need to have an OpenStack foundation account 

Erich's Guide to deploy simplex StarlingX 2.0 in a virtual environment: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006059.html
        - Mike T's doc team will review in the meeting today 
        - Greg confirmed that this is covered in the official docs, but is more graphical 
        - Jose noted that this readme file is also relevant to this general topic of deployment/installation https://opendev.org/starlingx/test/src/branch/master/automated-robot-suite

Requirements for commit messages - Saul's email: http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006081.html
        - should be at the discretion of the cores whether they require a story 
        - Saul: the commit message always needs to meaningful, and if either of the commit or the story is optional, it should be the story, since it's the commit that lives with the change 
        - Ildiko: as well, having a story/task doesn't make the commit meaningful, esp. if it's just the story/task title 
        - Ghada: at some point, we expect to ask cores to prioritize based on the stories we want to deliver in the release 

Project overview slide deck update - Ildiko's email http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/005970.html
        - to be discussed in the Community Planning call right after today's call 

FYI: how to 'delete' a StoryBoard - you can delete a StoryBoard story if you created it.  Otherwise, if you mark all un-merged tasks as Invalid, the story will become inactive.

Open Action Required (AR) Summary

Sep 11, 2019 -- TEAM -- complete project sub-team re-alignment, need to finish this before we start the PL/TL election cycle, per TSC and https://review.opendev.org/#/c/680514/
        - Sep 18: driven through the TSC 
Sep 11, 2019 -- Don -- change the manifest - docs, zuul-jobs & test - to raise the visibility of these to the developers as they make changes 
        - Sep 18: done
Sep 11, 2019 -- Ildiko -- look into documenting the process of adding customer documentation to the contributor guide 
        - Sep 18: no update this week
Sep 11, 2019 -- Abraham/Build -- sort out how/when to finish this off the renaming of the to-be-renamed system-client (nee: cgcs-client)
        - Sep 18: Abraham will look into this 
Sep 11, 2019 -- Bruce -- identify the feature documentation gaps
        - Sep 18: Mike tracking these via https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/story/2006289
        - see his post at http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/006127.html
        - the doc team is offering to present a HOWTO to the community on how to write docs 
July 31, 2019 -- Ada/Yang -- combine sanity runs/reports 
        - Sep 18: Ada's team is able to execute test cases using pytest framework, currently working on how to update the k8s test app to work in their environment where private registry is used
June 26, 2019 -- Yang -- arrange an automation framework info session for the Community 
        - Sep 18: Yang is fielding questions from Ada's team for now & they are able to execute testcases; Yang will look to hold a formal info session in Q4 
June 26, 2019 -- Abraham -- provide a forecast for providing a Docker image list
        - Sep 18: Abraham to follow up on this 
June 5, 2019 --- <COMMUNITY> -- provide requirements/input on Community Activity Dashboard (see notes from June 5 meeting)
        - Sep 5: Thierry added "Individual Contributor" page, see his email http://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2019-September/005913.html
        - see https://starlingx.biterg.io/ & https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-bitergia
May 8, 2019 -- Frank -- follow up with CENGN on storage for really large files for reference in Launchpads
        - Sep 17: Nathan Chen from Frank's team is looking into this now 

-----Original Message-----
From: Zvonar, Bill 
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2019 7:41 AM
To: starlingx-discuss at lists.starlingx.io
Subject: Community Call (Sep 18, 2019)

Hi folks, reminder of the Community call tomorrow.

Topics on the agenda include these - feel free to add more at [0]... 

- 3.0 Milestone-2
- Upcoming elections and project/repo restructuring
- Erich's Guide to deploy simplex StarlingX 2.0 in a virtual environment 
- Requirements for commit messages 
- Project overview slide deck update 
- FYI: how to 'delete' a StoryBoard 
- and, lots of new ARs from last week's meeting 


[0] etherpad: https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/stx-status
[1] call details: https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Starlingx/Meetings#7am_PDT_.2F_1400_UTC_-_Community_Call
[2] meeting start time in various time-zones: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20190918T1400

More information about the Starlingx-discuss mailing list