[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Apr 19, 2023)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Sat Apr 22 16:19:23 UTC 2023
Minutes from the community call
April 19, 2023
- Main Branch Debian Builds
- Two new build failures due to a recent code changes which resulted in containerd failing to build
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2016936
- Fix is posted for review and a rebuild will be triggered once it merges.
- stx.6.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/6.0/
- stx.7.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/7.0/
- stx.8.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: https://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/8.0/
- Transition from CENGN
- As discussed in the PTG, CENGN will no longer be able to host the StarlingX builds.
- Build team is working on transitioning the builds to WR infrastructure.
- Started mirroring jobs
- Timing is TBD
- Debian Main Branch Platform Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on Apr 18: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/013986.html
- Status: Green for SX. Investigating an issue w/ DX.
- Debian Main Branch stx-openstack Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on Apr 11: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/013968.html
- No sanity run this week yet.
- Status: Yellow
- Sanity LPs
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2007303 -- intermittent issue / works on retest
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2012389 -- intermittent issue
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2012392 -- consistently failing
- Team has some resourcing challenges, so hasn't been able to investigate the failures further
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- Pending doc reviews. Request for Juanita for community members to review:
- From previous meetings: Fixes to libvirt env: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/863735
- Review comments provided in Nov; still waiting for author (Scott Kamp) to respond/address review comments
- Jan 18: Some activity in the review as of Jan 15
- Feb 1: Alternative fix proposed on Jan 18; waiting for ScottK's review
- Feb 15: ScottK is going back to this
- Mar 22: Next action is w/ ScottK; As per today's meeting, he'll be looking at the comments
- Apr 11: Review is still open. Next action is w/ ScottK (the author)
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for this week
- Release Status
- Release Tracking Spreadsheet created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing
- Milestone-1 is declared. Milestone-2 is scheduled for the week of May 8.
- See more details in the April 12 release meeting minutes: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-releases
- Mission Statement Discussion
- Latest Email: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/013987.html
- Vote on the 1-sentence mission statement here: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/starlingx-mission-statement
- ARM Support in StarlingX
- Interest raised by Trevor Tao
- Topic has been discussed in the last PTG; still at an early stage
- Suggestion is to raise the topic on the mailing list: https://lists.starlingx.io/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/starlingx-discuss (now in vacation, maybe some time later)
- Project / Team Meetings
- Latest Email: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/013973.html
- Ildiko will follow up directly w/ the appropriate PLs if there are no responses on the mailing list.
- Install Script Enhancement
- Prime: Douglas Pereira
- Work started and making progress on this.
- Once the script is funcitonal, it will be posted for review. Then a doc update/simplification will follow.
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- Build System Setup
- Question was posted on IRC by Kevin
- StarlingX documentation has a lot of outdated information. It took a lot of digging to find the right documentation for setting up a build env with minikube.
- Requested that Kevin open an LP to the doc team and/or send an email to the mailing list w/ more details to the mailing list
- Status: Open / No email sent to the mailing list yet. Unsure if LP was opened.
- IP allocation is failing after StarlingX ISO image installation
- Status: Closed / Resolved. Greg to respond to the mailing list w/ the resolution for traceability
- Main branch Installation Issues
- Reported by Prashanthi
- Unclear what the issue is. Request to direct help in debugging. Action: Greg to see if someone can help. Note: Greg is off Apr 20-25
- stx.8.0 Interface Bonding issue
- Response sent Apr 19: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-April/013989.html / workaround confirmed / LP opened to track: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2010119
- Status: Leave open for any further feedback from the reporter
- stx-openstack apply failed after enabling cpu_dedicated_setInbox
- Seen w/ stx.7.0. Issue only happens when setting cpu dedicated CPUs on a running system. During the unlock, the openstack fails to re-apply.
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2002157
- Assigned to Thales; team still has no bandwidth to look at this.
- Status: Open / No updates ... still waiting for Thales/team to have time to look at this.
More information about the Starlingx-discuss