[Starlingx-discuss] Minutes: Community Call (Mar 8, 2023)
Ghada.Khalil at windriver.com
Thu Mar 9 00:08:15 UTC 2023
Minutes from the community call
March 8, 2023
- Main Branch Debian Builds
- No successful builds this week. Last successful build: March 3
- Builds Hung
- CENGN builds have been consistently getting hung on running py39 unit tests. Doesn't seem to be related to any recent code changes.
- Maybe related to the downloaded content OR the minikube setup.
- Options: (1) continue to investigate. (2) Workaround: disable py39 unit tests in the short term
- LP coming
- Docker Image Builds expected to fail
- Issue is related to Debian released a new version of git package which is used in the build and appears to be broken
- LP coming
- Impact on developer builds is unknown
- Action: ScottL to send a specific email to the mailing list about this topic
- Greg (TSC) recommendation is to implement a workaround while the build team continues the investigation
- stx.6.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/6.0/
- stx.7.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: http://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/7.0/
- stx.8.0 Weekly Builds
- Build Output: https://mirror.starlingx.cengn.ca/mirror/starlingx/rc/8.0/
- Debian Main Branch Platform Sanity
- Last sanity email sent on Mar 7: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-March/013887.html
- This is using the last successful CENGN build
- Status: Green for SX. Not run for DX due to lab issues.
- Debian Main Branch stx-openstack Sanity
- Did not execute this week due to a lab installation issue; investigation in progress. LP will be open if the issue is deemed an stx software issue.
- Last sanity email sent on Feb 28: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-February/013874.html
- Status: Yellow
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2007303 -- intermittent issue; seen in 2 consecutive sanities
- Gerrit Reviews in Need of Attention
- Nothing raised in the meeting
- From previous meetings: Fixes to libvirt env: https://review.opendev.org/c/starlingx/tools/+/863735
- Review comments provided in Nov; still waiting for author (Scott Kamp) to respond/address review comments
- Jan 18: Some activity in the review as of Jan 15
- Feb 1: Alternative fix proposed on Jan 18; waiting for ScottK's review
- Feb 15: ScottK is going back to this
- Reference Links:
- Active Branch (open): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:open+branch:+master
- Active Branch (merged): https://review.opendev.org/q/projects:starlingx+is:merged+branch:master
Topics for this week
- Ghada on vacation next week. Greg will chair the meeting.
- Attendance/participation is still low for APAC friendly meetings.
- Only 5 attendees this month.
- No attendees from APAC.
- Discuss in the next community meeting whether we need to keep this alternative timeframe
- No decision made on whether to continue with these meetings
- Release Status
- Release Planning Meeting etherpad: https://etherpad.opendev.org/p/stx-releases
- stx.8.0 release milestone declared on Feb 22. Congratulations everyone!
- Press release published as well as some media coverage
- Release Tracking Spreadsheet created: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aTjYzUkExodfayt-rjTv466jE-DP8b_YjrTHhXW6G9w/edit?usp=sharing
- New features starting to be added
- Call to community members/PLs to continue adding their feautre proposal
- Would like to have the majority of features proposed by the March virtual PTG (March 28-29)
ARs from Previous Meetings
Open Requests for Help
- stx.8.0 Interface Bonding issue
- Action: Ghada to ask Steve Webster (networking PL) to respond
- Deployment on Intel NUC w/ single interface
- Greg responded: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-March/013880.html
- Status: Closed / Greg will monitor if there are any follow-up questions
- StarlingX Support on ARM
- Not currently supported on StarlingX, but should be more doable with the move to Debian and the yocto kernel
- ARM Support would definitely require work to support, including build system support
- A few years ago MarkA and Greg did some prototype work on orange-pie
- MarkA responded to the thread: https://lists.starlingx.io/pipermail/starlingx-discuss/2023-February/013841.html
- Status: Watch List; will leave on the community list for a few more weeks
- Mar 1: No further responses since Mark's response on Feb 14.
- Greg added this as a topic for the PTG
- stx-openstack apply failed after enabling cpu_dedicated_setInbox
- Seen w/ stx.7.0. Issue only happens when setting cpu dedicated CPUs on a running system. During the unlock, the openstack fails to re-apply.
- LP: https://bugs.launchpad.net/starlingx/+bug/2002157
- Assigned to Thales; team has no bandwidth to look at this for the remaining of the month. Will reach out to the reporter to share this.
- Status: Open / No updates
More information about the Starlingx-discuss